A few people have reached out to ask for help on crowdfunding projects and so I thought today would be a great time to talk about why Kickstart Holler Roast has not so well, so quickly. Some of the things that came into place for this project look intention and were not and I think we can all learn from this about not only crowdfunding things, but marketing ourselves and our businesses.
Reach out if you want one of the 2 open chicken seats.
Green Chili Weekend Registration
Tales from the Prepper Pantry
- Very tardy on the fall stock up order
- Mama Sauce has helped process so many veggies that we may make this an annual event
- Working through freezer meat at a much faster clip of late
- Still in a “put it up” phase but about to enter into a “use it up” phase
- Holler Stew this week
Featured Forage: Rosemary – https://www.botanical.com/botanical/mgmh/r/rosema17.html
Tonic, astringent, diaphoretic, stimulant. Oil of Rosemary has the carminative properties of other volatile oils and is an excellent stomachic and nervine, curing many cases of headache.
- Reverse nerve damage and regain feeling in limbs. It was prepared by putting 1 1/2 lb. of fresh Rosemary tops in full flower into 1 gallon of spirits of wine, this was allowed to stand for four days and then distilled. Hungary water
- Headache, colds, colic, tummy complaints
It is antibacterial
Culinary: Tastes good in almost anything, really. Rosemary cheesecake? Yes please. Rosemary, garlic and lamb? Yum, Mixed with sage in a chestnut dressing, absolutely. Its strong flavor will replace the more subtle ones so if you have rosemary, lemon cod, you are tasting more the spices than the fish.
Rosemary ice cream is very tasty. Garlic rosemary bread.
Growing it: recommended to grow it along a wall in a sheltered spot — and I have killed about 1900 of these plants since living in TN
- Today’s show is all about this
Main topic of the Show: Episode 346 – Why My Crowdfunding Project Is Working
Some folks have reached out not only to congratulate me on the successful crowdfunding campaign, but to ask which plugin we used, and how they could set a foundation for similar success.
- You Own Your Message
- Provide Value
- Don’t Be Afraid To Ask (The Pep Talk)
- Beta Launch
- Dig Your Well Before You Are Thirsty
- TEAM – (brainstorm, graphical design, web development, additional gifts)
- Have Stretch Goals that fit with the project.
In the end, if you have a great idea and the right message and a solid offering for a crowdfunding project, you have a good foundation. But as with all our small business efforts, if you have not developed your strategy for marketing and communicating about the project, it is a much tougher, uphill row to hoe.
So I guess it boil down to network, communication, and value in the end.
Make it a great week!
Song: Burned by Sauce
GUYS! Don’t forget about the cookbook, Cook With What You Have by Nicole Sauce and Mama Sauce.
- Mewe Group: https://mewe.com/join/lftn
- Facebook Group: Facebook.com/groups/lftncoffeebreak/
- Instagram: @nicolesauce
- Twitter: @nicolesauce