Food waste is a major issue in many households and just because you live on a homestead does not mean you magically end up in a place where food waste is no longer a problem. So today in my second in the series of handling waste on the homestead, we will discuss food waste strategies.
#HollerHatWednesday: Where is she and who is she with?
No podcast Monday due to the processing workshop.
Stump the Sauce
- Dori – What about dessicants?
What’s Up in the Garden
- Fall flowers are in — time to add fall bulbs
- Unearthing the sweet potatoes and cushaw needs to happen
- Ive dropped the ball on lettuce already – may buy plants
Episode 347 – Handling Food Waste on the Homestead
- Use It All (Covid shutdowns, Holler Stew, Processing and Preservation)
- Compost (Meat and bones too)
- Chickens & Ducks
- The PIG
- Wild Animals
Make it a great week!
GUYS! Don’t forget about the cookbook, Cook With What You Have by Nicole Sauce and Mama Sauce.
- Membership Sign Up
- LFTN Gift Registry
- Mewe Group: https://mewe.com/join/lftn
- Facebook Group: Facebook.com/groups/lftncoffeebreak/