Today, we walk, step by step, through the process of making comfrey salve with fresh comfrey.
#HollerHatWednesday: When is she going to finish?
Stump the Sauce
- From Chris – I ordered some medium pink salt and it is too big to fit in my grinder – what do I do with it?
What’s Up in the Garden
- Transition time: Garlic out, onions, cucumbers, okra and beans in
- Beets starting to beaten – planting sweet potato slips in their best alongside them
- Time to plan the fall gardens (Starting plants inside)
- Tomato trellis update
- Peppers not yet ready – sads
Main topic of the Show: Make Comfrey Salve
What it is good for: swelling, healing cuts, itching, post shaving skin repair, post waxing skin repair, bee stings, bug bites
- Harvest (when)
- Ingredients: coconut oil or other oil
- Complementary herbs – calendula, plantain, mint, jewel weed
- A word on drying
- Crockpot method and water vapor collection
- Finishing the salve with beeswax
- Packaging and storage
Make it a great week!
GUYS! Don’t forget about the cookbook, Cook With What You Have by Nicole Sauce and Mama Sauce.
- Membership Sign Up
- LFTN Gift Registry
- Mewe Group: https://mewe.com/join/lftn
- Facebook Group: Facebook.com/groups/lftncoffeebreak/