Today I looked around the homestead and wondered what is going on that might be a good topic for a homestead-focused podcast and it occurred to me – I have been planting sweet potatoes all week. Why not talk about how to set yourself up for success with them on the podcast.
Stump the Sauce
- From Janet: How do I grind Pork?
What’s Up in the Garden
- Cucumbers are NOT YET PLANTED and I am freaking out
- Hydro tomato system looks great
- Putting up shade cloth on the AP
- Cilantro is flowering so we will soon have coriander
- Making sure herbs are out
- Winter squash is looking good
Main topic of the Show: Planting Sweet Potatoes
- Why Plant them
- How they fit into our strategy of food production (even though I am keto)
- How I make slips
- What to do if you buy slips
- When to plant
- How to prepare the ground
- Post planting care
Make it a great week!
GUYS! Don’t forget about the cookbook, Cook With What You Have by Nicole Sauce and Mama Sauce.
- Membership Sign Up
- LFTN Gift Registry
- Mewe Group: https://mewe.com/join/lftn
- Facebook Group: Facebook.com/groups/lftncoffeebreak/