Green Chili Day is just around the corner and I thought I would take some time today to share a few recipes, including my latest salsa recipe, talk about the event preparation and generally get folks excited to come here to the Holler Homestead and hang out.
#HollerHatWednesday: Where is she and who is she with?
Stump the Sauce
- How do I pull ph on fermented foods if I do not have a $75 tester? Can I use ph strips?
What’s Up in the Garden
- Fall plants are looking great
- Sweet potato greens – thinking about when I want to harvest the potatoes
- Jerusalem artichokes are blooming and that means this is the time to mark your patches of wild ones for later harvest – the tubers will be starting to form now as the plant energy returns to the earth
- Thinking about planting garlic – maybe this year is the year?
- Limpy returned to the flock
Main topic of the Show: Hatch Green Chili Day
Make it a great week!
Song: 911 by sauce
Samantha the Savings Ninja