Today, we cover some ways to get started in cooking with what you have rather than a recipe.
ANNOUNCEMENT: Cook With What You Have will be available for download on the membership portal on Friday!
Tales from the Prepper Pantry
- All the processing is happening
- Working toward all wide mouth jars
- 13 quarts of beets pickled
- Bone broth in process
- Herbs drying
- Want: Canning Kitchen set up outside
What’s in Season
- Day lilies: Salads and sautes
- Dill: Pickling and salads
- Elderflower: Fritters & Tea
- Honeysuckle flower: Simple syrup for beverages this week
- Hearty greens like dock and plantain are getting a bit chewy, but you can harvest and eat plantain seeds
- 10 Quarts of Honey extracted – a $200 value. Keeping 4 for us and selling the rest.
- Finished out some of the wrong kind of project opening up more time for the long term push
Main topic of the Show: Cook with What You Have
Book Recommendation from the show: Ratio
Make it a great week!
Song: Dr. Feeley, Dr. Skinner by Sauce
Samantha the Savings Ninja
- Instagram: @nicolesauce