Holler Homestead living is the topic of the day. Today is Monday, December 5, 2016 and this is episode 14 of Living Free in Tennessee. With the production of the Center Hill Sun absorbing the whole weekend, I thought it would be a good day to talk about what day to day life is looking like in December.
Direct Download Link.
Show Sponsor: The Genesis House
What mother nature is providing
- The super kale plant
Stories from the prepper pantry
- Easy pantry management – load from the back, take from the front!
- The Survival Podcast Recommended Episode: http://www.thesurvivalpodcast.com/1759-food-storage, FOOD STORAGE FOR MODERN SURVIVALISM
- First thing’s first: Soft potatoes, potatoes with eyes, squash that looks at me wrong, soft onions
- The last week of Watercress -time to freeze it for winter stews
- Using up the canned goods from 2015 – by pulling them out
Stories from the Holler
- The fires in the Smokies – 13 people dead so far
- New Chestnut Recipe
- The WOODSTOVE
- Tennessee Food Summit – Joel Salatin and Jeff Poppin
- Update on the new duck and chicken hoop coop
TN Food Summit — Joel Salatin
Become storytellers and teachers: Or food coaches
Three things you can do to start taking control of your food
- Establish a regular family meal
- Build your pantry
- Find risk points: In the next two months, are there times that will be very busy? Where are they, how can you prepare something now to deal with that.
Yes winter is nigh, go out and make it a great week!