Today, we have an update on my word of the year: Breakthrough and some late breaking lessons. How is your word of the year going.
We also cover all our usual Monday segments.
Sponsor 1: DiscountMylarBags.com: https://bit.ly/43r4dkx
Sponsor 2: Strong Roots Resources: https://bit.ly/42UPCgJ
- 9:30 AM Tuesday Live with Jack Spirko and John Willis.
- 2 PM Wednesday Live Interview with Sue Zoldak
- 9:30 AM Friday Homestead Happenings
Tales from the Prepper Pantry
- Travel food update – Pantry is still providing
- Last of the green tomatoes harvested, what I do next
- Meatloaf prep for my last week away
- Restocking first aid and nutraceuticals
Weekly Shopping Report from Joe
We made our trip on Saturday, as usual. The first stop, also as usual, was Dollar Tree. Stock looks good there, from the shelves to the coolers, for both food and drinks. The store was busy enough for the one woman working a register to holler for “All to the front!”
Our second stop was Hobby Lobby, where Sonia added some stencils for her crafting. She actually found the ones she wanted in the baking area, and those are a lot cheaper than the ones in papercraft aisles.
We skipped Home Depot, but looking online a 2x4x8 is unchanged this week, at $3.48.
Aldi was last. I don’t think the produce looked anywhere near as good as in recent weeks. Most of the bananas were very green. The cantaloupes looked old and wrinkled, and the few bags of green grapes left just didn’t look that good, so I got a bag of dried dates instead. The chocolate section continues to diminish, but an alternate I like was available. Staple prices were: eggs: $1.11, milk: $3.02, heavy cream: $4.69, OJ: $3.19, butter: $3.29, bacon: $3.99, potatoes (10 lbs.): $5.59, flour: $2.19, and sugar: $3.09.
A gallon of untainted regular gasoline remains at $3.899.
Frugality Tip from Margo
Traveling can end up costing a lot of money. With the choice of hotels over Air BNB, hotels sometimes look like a better choice. But when you get a house you have a kitchen and most of the time a washer and dryer. A trip to a local farm stand and/or a grocery store to buy food to cook will actually save you money over eating out. And you know what you are eating. So way in your meals on you choice of hotel vs. Air BNB and you will find a few more dollars for a house, is actually a savings.
- Glamping site coming in the spring
Main topic of the Show: Breakthrough Word of the Year
What is the word of the year
Why I chose breakthrough
Key points through the summer:
- The things you make time for will happen
- Family and relationships are very important to me
- You must slow down to go further
- Slower, steadier show schedule
- More value in the membership portal
- More focus on Holler Roast coffee
- #My3Things book
Also, I WILL get a pool!
What will your word of the year be next year?
Make it a great week!
GUYS! Don’t forget about the cookbook, Cook With What You Have by Nicole Sauce and Mama Sauce.
- Follow me on Nostr: npub1u2vu695j5wfnxsxpwpth2jnzwxx5fat7vc63eth07dez9arnrezsdeafsv
- Mewe Group: https://mewe.com/join/lftn
- Telegram Group: https://t.me/LFTNGroup
- Odysee: https://odysee.com/$/invite/@livingfree:b