Episode 714 – Homestead Happenings for March 17, 2023
Join me for an update from the Holler Homestead. Friends leaving the farm, new arrivals, winter returns 1.0, and more.
Featured Event: SquatchFest June 21-25: https://foodforestfarms.com/store/p125/TheSquatchFEST_-_Solstice_Celebration_June_21-25_2023.html
Today’s Sponsor: The Homestead Consultant
In today’s chaotic world there is a major disconnect between our land, our food and our community. At The Homestead Consultant, we believe that the solution to bridging these gaps starts in the individual home. By taking practical steps toward food production, land restoration, independent education and rational preparedness we can begin to restore these disconnects. That is where The Homestead Consultant comes in. We will work closely with you to evaluate your property with your unique goals, vision and resources in mind. Using a restorative, permaculture lens we will help you design a holistic and actionable gameplan to help make your homesteading dreams a reality. Our sincere desire is to see all of our clients become more connected and resilient! Find out more about our services by visiting our website at TheHomesteadConsultant.com
LFTN listeners get a special offer of a free 20 minute initial phone consultation. Just send an email with the subject LFTN Consult to TheHomesteadConsultant@gmail.com with a brief description of the homesteading topic you would like to discuss and we will respond to you with available time slots.
- Watercress, dead nettle, stinging nettle, chick weed
- Morels and other mushrooms
- Ramps are up
- Pea shoots and other early spring greens
- A word on the frost
- Lady Pig and LB are leaving the Holler Homestead
- Rabbit 2 is making a nest about 5 days later than we expected – this is why you wait a week to be sure
- Sheep moving to the barn in advance of SRF to making things easier for the farm sitters – can do this because the grass is back
- Getting ready for chicks in two weeks
- Rats are a renewed problem
- Seedlings are doing well
- Brassicas made it through the freeze just fine
- Rosemary and lavender is still with us
- Strawberries are blooming
- BIIIG help on the kitchen redo (See thumbnail)
- Holler Roost
- Pump House Update
- Sold some lamb in the network
Make it a great week!
GUYS! Don’t forget about the cookbook, Cook With What You Have by Nicole Sauce and Mama Sauce. It makes a great Christmas Gift!
- Mewe Group: https://mewe.com/join/lftn
- Telegram Group: https://t.me/LFTNGroup
- Odysee: https://odysee.com/$/invite/@livingfree:b
- The Booze Whisperer
- The Tactical Redneck
- Chef Brett
- Samantha the Savings Ninja
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!