Today is a homestead happenings discussion with Baby being one week old, another cold front coming, and things going on sale!
Today’s Sponsor: Paul Wheaton of Wheaton Labs and Permies.com
The days are getting longer, and spring is on the way, which means it’s time to plan the garden! If you’re looking to do something a little different this year, like establishing some low-maintenance and high-producing permaculture food systems, then check out the Permaculture Design Course at permies.com/link/lftn!
Not only will you learn about earthworks, water harvesting, perennial food systems, and so much more, but you can also bundle this PDC with the Appropriate Technology Course so you can learn about rocket heat, solar cooking and preserving, and other amazing technology that will save you money and effort.
All 177 hours of video from this course can be yours for as little as $65 if you visit permies.com/link/lftn
- Jerusalem Artichokes
- Wild Garlic
- Other root things
- Baby is good
- Fence charger crapped the bed and LGD dogs got out
- Rabbits are due
- Still no duck eggs – they should start any time
- Soy free feed fiasco
- Spring is coming (Seedling time here for cold weather crops)
- Getting the last beds ready
- Massive Beef Stew – it exploded (and what I did about that)
- Late Christmas is this weekend!
- Bathroom update
- Spring Workshop Highlights
- Dining Things: Venison Roast,
- Posts are back in stock (and ordered)
- Rabbit update for TSC – the collapse too easily so T added J clips to keep them from doing that. Initial feedback – he likes them but time will tell
- The stupid fence charger
- Power meter to measure pump house electrical usage and cabin usage in preparation for storage and solar options
- Goat bathtub cracked in the cold (Should have put the stock tank heater in there or at least empty gallon jugs or wood)
- Expenses are more than income at the moment and we have no Product we are selling that is year round. Brainstorming on that
Make it a great week!
GUYS! Don’t forget about the cookbook, Cook With What You Have by Nicole Sauce and Mama Sauce. It makes a great Christmas Gift!
- Mewe Group: https://mewe.com/join/lftn
- Telegram Group: https://t.me/LFTNGroup
- Odysee: https://odysee.com/$/invite/@livingfree:b