Small Business Skills | Homesteading | Energy | Food | Hard Skills | Personal Growth
Join us at the Holler Homestead as we spend three days learning homesteading arts…business development… food management… practical solar energy… specific skill sessions… and fun!
This year, we will focus on installing a built-in pond for aquaponics while also running great sessions in the classroom.
Sessions will focus on developing underground networks, personal and self improvement, developing energy, and food independence. You’ll find many demonstrations, throughout the event, of practical skills like processing rabbits, preserving food, tool care, and installing fencing.
As always, there are the barter blanket; the side meetings with new friends and experts; swag to purchase; late-night karaoke; and, well, too much to think of all at once.
We’ll meet in a heated and cooled basement structure and work on the projects outside, in the fresh air. There will be concurrent sessions, which will present you with decisions about where to devote your time. This year we will CONNECT with each other and CREATE pathways to communicate, trade, and refine our underground network.
In short, this still ain’t your Daddy’s homesteading workshop! It’s all up to date.
- Session facilitators eager to help you well beyond their presentations
- Real food, from local farms, and plenty of it
- Beverages, karaoke, knife-throwing, and hijinks
- Underground Networking
- Raise, cook, and preserve food
- Business building and marketing
- Becoming a better you
- How to get stuff done
- Quality time with the best people on earth
If you want to get hands-on with permaculture, farming, or getting your own side hustle going, this is THE best place in Tennessee to come in 2022.
Workshop costs: $500
INCLUDES ON-SITE CAMPING, FOOD & BEVERAGE
Yes, we take crypto! Email me.
Location: Lancaster, Tennessee
Questions? Fill out the contact form.
2023 is looking GREAT!
- Nicole Sauce, your hostess: Preserve It! (Canning, fermenting, dehydrating and more)
- Joel Ryals: How to Build Your Niche Business
- Shawn Mills: Building a Schoolie
- Harry Albright: TBD (He will also host a seed exchange)
- John Pugliano: Making Money through Connections
- Toolman Tim: Topic TBD
- John Willis: Implementing Permaculture While Working Full Time +
- Kerry Brown: Wild Edible Walk
- The Tactical Redneck: Fencing Demonstration
- Wild Forage Walk
- Off-Grid Installation
- Property walk and tour of our aquaponics system, front-of-house growing operation, off-grid energy savers, and other infrastructure
- Food, Fun, Networking. Treats from local farmers – keto-friendly
- Additional demos will be announced.
What are the lodging options?
We’ve got room for 8-10 tents on site and LOTS of cedar trees to hang hammocks from.
Long Branch Campground is at the base of the Center Hill Dam and has RV hookups, heated bathrooms, and more! Just 3 miles from the Holler Homestead.
Cabin Rentals Nearby
Edgar Evins State Park has great cabins available during this time and the price is like $80 or $110 per night. If people want, several of you can link up to share lodging. Link: https://tnstateparks.com/parks/cabins/edgar-evins
What is your cancellation policy
Your deposit is nonrefundable and it holds your spot.
Can I bring my dog?
No. We have livestock and working dogs. Your dog is not safe here – nor would mine be. Either way, we simply can’t have other people’s dogs on the property.
What about bringing children?
This workshop is not appropriate for children under 14. The property is not designed for the safety of small children unless they are constantly supervised. You’re not going to want to do that.
Alcoholic beverages will be consumed at this event, probably some foul language and so forth, so make sure you are comfortable with your teen being around this group if you choose to bring them.
Last time we allowed children at an event, they broke some really expensive stuff, including my coffee roaster, so no children.