Registration Is Open!
Small Business Skills | Homesteading | Energy | Food | Personal Growth
Join us at the Holler Homestead as we spend three days learning homesteading arts…business development… food management… practical solar energy… specific skill sessions… and fun!
This year, we devote half a day to getting together over food and drink. And, as always, there are the barter blanket, the side meetings with new friends and experts, swag, late-night karaoke, and too much to think of all at once.
The logistics are new and improved, too. We’ll meet in a roofed and heated structure. Concurrent sessions will often present you with a choice of where to devote your time. We’ve expanded the side-hustle accelerators, so we can all pitch in to help more people get their good ideas on the road.
In short, this ain’t your Daddy’s homesteading workshop! It’s all up to date.
- Session facilitators eager to help you well beyond their presentations
- Real food, from farms, and plenty of it
- Beverages, karaoke, knife throwing, and hijinks
- Build a solar water heater
- Raise, cook, and preserve food
- Business building and marketing
- Becoming a better you
- How to get stuff done
- Quality time with the best people on earth
If you want to get hands-on with permaculture, farming, or getting your own side hustle going, this is THE best place to come in Tennessee in 2020.
Workshop costs: $450 ($150 deposit at time of registration)
Location: Lancaster, TN
- Shawn Mills from Hackmysolar.com Solar Hot Water Heater Build
- Michael Leonido and Nicole Sauce: Preserve IT!: sauerkraut, canning, feta cheese (hands-on track)
- Food, Fun, Networking. Crawdad Boil, local brats, and other treats from local farmers
- Jenni Hill. Change Your Life, One Word at a Time
- Patrick Roehrman, MTKnives.net. How to Use and Care for Knives
- Nicole Sauce, your hostess. Get Stuff Done with #My3things
- Brian Norton, entrepreneur, coffee roaster and CBD genius at Food Forest Farms. How to Grow Yourself, How to Grow Plants
- Kurt Dugger, Freedomandphotography. Jump and Grow Your Wings: Darkhorse 450
- Patrick Roehrman oversees Knife Throwing
- Property walk and tour of Aquaponics system, front of house growing operation, and story of how we have chosen where things go on the homestead. with Nicole Sauce
- Ken Johnson, bee mentor and computer nerd. Beekeeping 101
- The Tactical Redneck, JR Haley, and Kurt Dugger. Grow through Hard Times – taking on PTSD
- Mark Alexander. From Homestead to Side Hustle
- Nick Ferguson. Money Does Grow on Trees!
- Additional demos to be announced.
What are the lodging options?
We’ve got room for 8-10 tents on site and LOTS of cedar trees to hang hammocks from.
Long Branch Campground is at the base of the Center Hill Dam and has RV hookups, heated bathrooms, and more! Just 3 miles from the Holler Homestead.
Cabin Rentals Nearby
Edgar Evins State Park has great cabins available during this time and the price is like $80 or $110 per night. If people want, several of you can link up to share lodging. Link: https://tnstateparks.com/parks/cabins/edgar-evins
What is your cancellation policy
Your deposit is nonrefundable and it holds your spot.
Can I bring my dog?
No. We have livestock and a grumpy old protective dog. Your dog is not safe here – nor is mine. Either way, we simply can’t have other people’s dogs on the property.
What about bringing children?
This workshop is not appropriate for children under 14. The property is not designed for the safety of small children unless they are constantly supervised. You’re not going to want to do that.
Alcoholic beverages will be consumed at this event, probably some foul language and so forth, so make sure you are comfortable with your teen being around this group if you choose to bring them.
Last time we allowed children at an event, they broke some really expensive stuff, including my coffee roaster, so no children.