Join me for a food forest installation AND gravity fed water transition at the Holler Homestead. Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner and beverages provided. Camping included and available on site.
Nicholas Ferguson, Homegrown Liberty
Shawn Mills, Hack My Solar
Activities: Food Forest
- Principles for planning a food forest within your big picture permaculture vision
- WHY NOW?
- Earthworks done during class (weather permitting – we will do them before if it looks rainy that weekend. If this happens we will start with a tour of what we did and why)
- How to plant the food forest
- Hands-on planting
Activities: Gravity Fed Water System
- Why we chose this project as part of our big picture move to reduce dependence on the power grid
- How this new system adds resilience in power outages
- What function stacking projects did we add while the ditch was open
- WHY NOW?
- Actual plumbing of the system (Assuming we can source all the fittings)
- Rocket Mass Heater Tour
- Solar Water Heater Tour
- Livestock/Fencing Tour
- Other pop up sessions as time allows
- Nicole Sauce’s Saturday evening birthday bash. (Halloween costumes welcome)