Today is the weekly homestead update including successfully addressing bloat in a ram, rabbits, pigs muscovys, weedmageddon and more.
Self Reliance Festival, Fall Edition, Oct 1 & 2, Tickets, etc. here.
- Mimosa blossoms
- A second cauliflower!
- Green onions, swiss chard, squash flowers, green tomatoes, new potatoes
- Seed for things you want to have: plantain, clover, etc
- Sweet potato greens, malabar spinach, etc
- Rabbits due this coming week
- Sheep bloat story
- White buckets
- Pig is nesting but does not look pregnant
- Muscovy Broody
- Goats are jealous of sheep
- Need help harvesting honey/with bees due to my allergy
- On habits and new animals – step ins and reels, clay ground
- Garden30 Update – weedmageddon
- Fertility update
- The wall of tomatoes
- Green beans are blooming
- Furnace like weather in June
- Blight update with aspirin
- Jenni will be moving on to her next opportunity – and is still a Holler Neighbor
- Chicken processing preparation
- HVAC Install – woot!!
- Pig pond update
- The ever increasing joule rating of new chargers and grounding rod strategy
- Pasture rehab update
- Food Forest Class in the Fall
- Hay was not in our sheep calculus but it is not deadly – having a cushion
- Gift reels from Nancy
- Pretty much do not need the grocery store at this time of year
Make it a great week!
GUYS! Don’t forget about the cookbook, Cook With What You Have by Nicole Sauce and Mama Sauce. It makes a great Christmas Gift!
- Mewe Group: https://mewe.com/join/lftn
- Telegram Group: https://t.me/LFTNGroup
- Odysee: https://odysee.com/$/invite/@livingfree:b