Today, I will talk through how to save seeds from XX kinds of summer plants and why you should do it.
Tales from the Prepper Pantry
- Took the weekend off from canning but it is tomato and green bean canning season
- Redoing shelves and freezers in the Prepper Pantry
- Cost comparing homemade dog food vs commercial
- Groceries are sales tax free so I have some soul searching to do since I have enough for the year, minus cheese.
- Meat Canning Webinar will be on the Portal Tuesday for those who missed it
Main topic of the Show: Episode 459: Saving Seeds in Summer
Why save seeds
Some seed saving tips: fermenting, stratification, storage, hybrids
- The plastic bag method (Lettuces, broccoli, beets)
- The let it reseed itself method (Cilantro, parsley, lettuce, radishes, etc)
- The fermentation method (tomatoes)
- The just save them method (Peppers)
- The Lazy Man Method (Squash example)
Make it a great week!
GUYS! Don’t forget about the cookbook, Cook With What You Have by Nicole Sauce and Mama Sauce.
- Mewe Group: https://mewe.com/join/lftn
- Telegram Group: https://t.me/LFTNGroup
- Odysee: https://odysee.com/$/invite/@livingfree:b