Today is a thought experiment on the Holler Neighbor Food Cooperative idea. Problem we solve: How everyone who is working in our community to gain value from the land can benefit from their efforts while also balancing between those who have more capitol inputs and those who have more labor inputs
July 31 GSD Weekend at the Darkhorse Lodge – last change to go hang out with awesome people.
Stump the Sauce
- From Jason: coffee shortage
- Crop Damage timeline
- Current panic “Shortage” defined
Main topic of the Show: Holler Neighbors Food Cooperative
Holler Neighbor Livestream/Strategic Plan Background
SWOT – Food Production For Ourselves and Others
Attempt 1: Crockpot meals
Attempt 2: Neighbor Pantry vs Individual Pantries
Latest Concept – Holler Dollar Tracking System
Goal – better manage who gets what share of what things we produce.
- Capitol Investment vs Labor Investment
- Ways to earn outside money
- Initial Set up, $2,000 and incorporation (not sure we need to corporation but will incorporate under under legal advice if needed)
- $$ used for USD expenditures, feed, infrastructure, veterinarian bills, utilities, etc
- $$ reinvested either from partners or sales revenue
- Sales revenue is OBV taxable
- Holler Neighbors can Buy A Neighbor Membership for $50/year (revenue to the corporation). This earns the right to access membership benefits like food education, they get an annual amount of Holler Dollar Vouchers and may use vouchers to obtain the food we grow together.
- Holler Dollars: Neighbors can Buy or Earn Holler Dollars and pay for pantry items with Holler Dollars. Earned through food production or preservation labor.
- Neighbor members can give other neighbor members Holler Dollars in gratitude for random work performed (lawn mowing, etc).
- Non Neighbor Membership is available for, say $500 dollars and gets a person access to educational days, a certain number of holler dollars, but they cannot “earn” holler dollars by working on food projects.
What do you think of this concept?
Make it a great week!
GUYS! Don’t forget about the cookbook, Cook With What You Have by Nicole Sauce and Mama Sauce.
- Mewe Group: https://mewe.com/join/lftn
- Telegram Group: https://t.me/LFTNGroup
- Odysee: https://odysee.com/$/invite/@livingfree:b