The addition of the Harvest Right Freeze Dryer has been a fun adventure here at the Holler Homestead so when John Davis reached out to do a show based on his experience with one, I thought it would be a great fit.
What’s Up in the Garden
- Resetting Sunshine Plot
- Fall garden seedlings need to get started this week!
Main Show Content: Freeze Drying for Fun and Maybe…Profit?
John Davis is a jack of all trades master of none that lives in rural Ohio along with his awesome wife and kids. He owns a manufacturer’s representative business that sells industrial automation solutions throughout a five state region, and over the 14 years he has been in this business, he has built a solid foundation through his lifestyle business on which he can pursue his real passion, skill acquisition. Becoming a better husband and father, farming, flying airplanes, software engineering, electronic hardware design, hunting, being a “contingency enthusiast” (prepper), and furniture making are just a few things that keep him busy. He enjoys mentoring others in similar pursuits.
- What is freeze drying and what is a freeze dryer?
- How does the process work and why is it superior to other forms of food preservation?
- How is it not superior to other forms of food preservation? Can you freeze dry without buying an expensive machine?
- How has it changed our approach to pantry management?
- How do we use our freeze dried food?
- After two years of ownership, what is your “real world” experience with the machine? Tips and tricks?
- Is it possible to make money with the machine as a side hustle?
- Tips on buying a freezer drier for listeners
Membership and Coffee Pitch
Make it a great week!
GUYS! Don’t forget about the cookbook, Cook With What You Have by Nicole Sauce and Mama Sauce.
- Mewe Group: https://mewe.com/join/lftn
- Telegram Group: https://t.me/LFTNGroup
- Odysee: https://odysee.com/$/invite/@livingfree:b