Today, begins a series of talks about how to handle waste on the homestead, starting with the easiest waste to work with: Livestock waste.
#HollerHatWednesday: Where is she and who is she with?
Holler Neighbor Livestream, 7pm Tomorrow: https://youtu.be/KYbcFJ_ypsw
Unloose the Goose: 7:30pm today: https://unloosethegoose.com/livestream
Stump the Sauce
Tales from the Booze Whisperette
- Whisky Ginger Drinks for the Non-Whisky Lovers
What’s Up in the Garden
- Resetting everything
- Preparing Garlic Bed
- Preparing Spring Planting Beds
- Hail Mary Seeds
Handling Waste on the Homestead
Homesteading gives you the opportunity to greatly reduce the waste impact off your property for a number of reason:
- Land absorbs and processes waste naturally – when you are not crammed in densely, you can build waste systems that not only help process waste, but use it in a way that becomes a natural cycle rather than a smelly landfill
- The more you produce onsite, then less waste is created through packaging, etc
- Genuine Environmentalism vs Political Action Environmentalism
Concept 1: Animal Waste
- Humanur vs septic vs catholes
- Poultry Waste
- Rabbit Waste
- Goat Waste
- Pig Waste
- A word on Density
Waste is a part of living and something that becomes politically charged when it need not be. Most sane people would prefer to live in a word that functions with natural cycles and how we handle our waste is part of that. Packaging can easily be used in a way that reduces environmental impact, so we need not go on a big packaging crusade, but rather can look around at what we and our families do for waste and be our best stewards. That is how you get lasting change. Person by person and voluntarily.
As I think through this series, I get excited. There are so many examples of people turning what was once garbage into both a new resource AND a wealthy lifestyle. I look forward to sharing these with you.
Make it a great week!
GUYS! Don’t forget about the cookbook, Cook With What You Have by Nicole Sauce and Mama Sauce.
- Membership Sign Up
- LFTN Gift Registry
- Mewe Group: https://mewe.com/join/lftn
- Facebook Group: Facebook.com/groups/lftncoffeebreak/