Pressure canning really freaks some people out. We have all heard stories of the famous exploding pressure canner. But to safely process green beans, aside from making dilly beans, you need to use a pressure canner or freeze them. Today, I will walk you through the pressure canning process, using green beans as the example.
#HollerHatWednesday: What is she up to now?
Unloose the Goose tonight at 7:30pm
Stump the Sauce
- From Ken: Maintaining the Blackstone
Tales from Another Booze Whisperer
- Four Summer Mocktails
What’s Up in the Garden
- Time to take out the tomatoes — looking to transplant something in their stead
- Doing a hail Mary round of seeds in the garden
- Garlic bed preparations in the next 2 weeks
- Lots of cucumbers, squash, sweet potato greens
- The truth about my fall garden: Beets, greens, garlic, and brassicas and that is likely it
Episode 339: Canning Green Beans
When to pressure can
Annual Safety Check
Gage vs weighted canners
Canning Resources: National Center for Home Food Preservation
- Push pull of commercial vs useful food safety
- Sterilizing Jars
- Choosing beans
- Hot Pack vs Raw pack
- Time (20/25)
- Link to actual article on this: https://nchfp.uga.edu/how/can_04/beans_snap_italian.html
- Stovetop canner method
Make it a great week!
GUYS! Don’t forget about the cookbook, Cook With What You Have by Nicole Sauce and Mama Sauce.
- Membership Sign Up
- LFTN Gift Registry
- Mewe Group: https://mewe.com/join/lftn
- Facebook Group: Facebook.com/groups/lftncoffeebreak/