It may not be an official interview day, but I thought you’d all be eager to hear this one as soon as possible. I am joined by none other than Ms. Jessica Mills – also known as Dixie of Homemade Wanderlust. We originally were going to talk about how the through hiking lifestyle impacts a person’s ability to be prepared, but we went on a talking adventure – join us!
Webinar this week: Property Walk at the Holler Homestead
Livestream with the Holler Neighbors – Knighthawk Shares His Purpose! https://youtu.be/vbBUitXlR5g
Spring Workshop June 11-13 https://www.livingfreeintennessee.com/spring-workshop-2020/
Tales from the Prepper Pantry
- Getting ready for a dry good resupply
- A word on food system disruptions – and what to do
Featured Forage – source the Herbal Academy
- Red clover (Trifolium pratense)
- Skin conditions as a tea with stinging nettler and yellow docl
- “Purification” properties used in addressing lung conditions and bronchitis
- Menopausal support (Unverified)
- If you are going to use this, look over interactions with drugs and other conditions – I know it is hard to think that tea can interfere with pharmaceuticals, but if too much broccoli can negatively impact certain treatments, an herbal remedy can also. Red clover can increase chances of bleeding so do not pair with blood thinners for example.
- Harvest when still wet with dew (I had no idea)
- Tea: 1-3 tsp red clover, steep for 15 minutes
- The psychological upgrade of the pergola
Main topic of the Show: Hiking, Preparing and Living Your Best Life with Jessica “Dixie” Mills
Make it a great week!
Song: Special by Sauce
GUYS! Don’t forget about the cookbook, Cook With What You Have by Nicole Sauce and Mama Sauce.
- Mewe Group: https://mewe.com/join/lftn
- Facebook Group: Facebook.com/groups/lftncoffeebreak/
- Instagram: @nicolesauce
- Twitter: @nicolesauce