Today is a how-to day and someone asked me about ways that fermenting from home can be integrated into your lifestyle in a time when store trips are spare. So I decided to share 4 home fermentation projects that are perfect for this moment in time.
#HollerHatWednesday: Where is she and why is she so far away from her friend?
Livestream tonight at 7 CT: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-PX-bHfC3AEOUPWgJ5d40g
What’s Up in the Garden
- As expected, spring weeds are here
- Getting ready for a round of in-ground planting
- Supplies for the outdoor hydro system arrive Friday
- Greens galore
Main topic of the Show: 4 Home Fermentation Projects
- Homemade Sour Cream
- Whole milk & sour cream or half and half or cream
- Buttermilk Starter
- Lacto-fermented Vegetables
- 3 tbsp for every 5 lbs
- 6 TBSP to 1 gallon water for a light brine (sliding scale)
- Kombucha (organic red wine vinegar and red wine, or a commercially produced kombucha)
- Ratio: 1 gallon, 1 cup sugar, 8 tea bags, 2 cups “starter” an the mother
- Kits online: carboy, fermentation lock, ingredients, racking cane, bottles, caps
- Malt, hops, yeast
Make it a great week!
GUYS! Don’t forget about the cookbook, Cook With What You Have by Nicole Sauce and Mama Sauce.
- Membership Sign Up
- LFTN Gift Registry
- Mewe Group: https://mewe.com/join/lftn
- Facebook Group: Facebook.com/groups/lftncoffeebreak/