Over the weekend, I took a trek on up to Cincinnati to check out the first ever Rogue Food Conference and it was a great reminder to stand strong when things seem to be stacked against you. So many people with many of the same problems gathered together under the hopes of finding solutions that may or may not be there. So today I share with you ten ways to go rogue.
Tales from the Prepper Pantry
- Sweet potato chili
- Planning meals around what is left in the pantry: Green beans, tomato, corn, peaches, pickled items, squash, sweet potato, onions
- Time for the midwinter freezer defrosting project
- Monthly dry good and feed order is working well
What’s in Season
- Oyster mushrooms
- Root forage
- The return of Finance Friday
Main topic of the Show: Ten Ways to Go Rogue
- There are ways to get around seemingly endless lists of lists of regulations – sometimes simple ones. But you need to educate yourself on your local laws and find them.
- People will not believe you when you tell them the scales of bad that gets hurled your way when you stand up for what is right. We need to get better at telling the story.
- It is hard to stand up on your own against an uncivil and unjust bureaucracy. It is easier to stand up when people are by your side. Therefore, we must do a better job of standing up with our brothers and sisters against the machine that is enforcing rules for the sake of rules and to further itself as a bureaucracy.
10 ways to go rogue
- Grow your own food
- Process your own food
- Establish a food church
- Establish a food cooperative (Membership organization)
- Retain ownership in animals with those you sell them to
- Don’t invite inspectors in to begin with
- Explore waste streams
- Start spreading stories of how healthy food is being kept from people who want it in favor of unhealthy food (Collect and repeat these stories)
- Skip the start up grants
- Find ways to buy food from sources that have gone rogue
Make it a great week!
Song: Burned by Sauce
GUYS! Don’t forget about the cookbook, Cook With What You Have by Nicole Sauce and Mama Sauce.
- Membership Sign Up
- Mewe Group: https://mewe.com/join/lftn
- Facebook Group: Facebook.com/groups/lftncoffeebreak/