Today, we will talk about how we processed the meat of three deer safely, while handling coffee orders, AND having a fantastic Thanksgiving. Because it is raining deer!
Tales from the Prepper Pantry
- 3 deer in the hole
- Annual cow arrives this week
- Using salsa at a fast clip
- Update on unusual recipes: the cranberry sauce was good to me but “not my cup of tea” to mama sauce
- Gluten free perogi story (celium husk)
- Hot coco was a hit the day after Thanksgiving
- Fermented veggies were spicy but good
- Left over sequence: Turkey scramble, turkey stew with Spaetzle, Turkey Salad sandwiches, Turkey orzo
What’s in Season
- Unseasonably late watercress!
- Oyster mushrooms
- Lots of Holler Roast activity (Why I missed the show part 1)
- Basecamp will have countertops today!
Main topic of the Show: It’s Raining Deer
- The butcher box – how it came to be/why it works
- Division of labor – Skinning and quartering ~ Fine cuts and packaging ~ grinding and sausaging ~ constant cleanup and sterility
- The best sharp knives EVER
- Maintaining an empty fridge at a holiday event = no stress
- No stress, no rush, no processing when exhausted.
Make it a great week!
Song: Suicide by Sauce
GUYS! Don’t forget about the cookbook, Cook With What You Have by Nicole Sauce and Mama Sauce. It makes a great Christmas Gift!
- Membership Sign Up
- Mewe Group: https://mewe.com/join/lftn
- Facebook Group: Facebook.com/groups/lftncoffeebreak/