Today, I tell the story of the little duckling who could – or rather the little duckling who got herself into a predicament that almost resulted in a foot being cut off. Spoiler alert: she still has her foot and is in the bathtub infirmary recovering.
Monday is Labor Day and there will be no show.
Green Chili Day Event Registration: https://www.livingfreeintennessee.com/product/green-chili-day/
Stump the Sauce
- Breeding chickens: what to do with the roo?
Main topic of the Show: The Duckling That Almost Lost Her Foot
- A towel on the washing machine makes a great first aid table for small animals – saves the back and storing animal first aid in the laundry room was a win
- Do not use blue cote on deep wounds that will have to be stitched
- The story would have been very different had I been alone on the homestead (multiple people=good on the homestead)
- Always carry your phone even on morning rounds
- No matter how hard you try to be a good steward of your livestock – something will go wrong – be mentally ready for it — and keep basic first aid supplies on hand
- Even when it seems urgent don’t be in a hurry on animal first aid
Make it a great weekend!
Samantha the Savings Ninja
- Instagram: @nicolesauce