Today, I am joined by Whitney and John Athayde to tell us about a project they built together: HomesteadOji.com. This colorful set of emojis for iPhone tell the day to day story of a homesteader, from “Fox in my coop” to “goat kicked over the milk bucket.”
Eating Seasonally and Tales from the Prepper Pantry
This is where we share what we are eating as it comes to us – and talk about ways to use what we store.
- Corn corn corn corn corn corn
- Round 2 of green beans is almost here
- Tomatoes still trickling in
- SWEET POTATO GREENS
- Watercress is back in force and other fall wild edibles should be coming on soon
- Recipe of the week will be Bacon Cinnamon rolls, and here is why
What we are preserving this week
Where we share what we are preserving for winter storage
- Lemon Balm
- Might can corn
Garden Economics project
- Seeds have germinated, so I pulled back the straw to let them get bigger
- Found two volunteer tomatoes – these are the best kind.
Friends, next week we are at ground 0 here in the Holler for the Solar Eclipse, so the show will not be recorded until Tuesday. Why? Because I am going to don my eclipse glasses and check out this once in a lifetime experience!
Make it a great week.
Song: Strange Child