Today we have an interview with some folks who I have known for a long time, but who I never met until this past weekend. We talk about building resilience into your life on LFTN, but we don’t examine very closely how communities, real communities work. Communities of people willing to put aside small differences of opinion to help one another. Self reliance and taking care of yourself is important. So we will talk about how a scrappy group of independent people who love homesteading, learning new things, and increase stability in their lives and in the lives of those around them found each other, built trust, and became a tight community despite having never really met. I’ll also give you an update on how the pig roast went and tell you how the Holler Roast Kickstarter went!
Eating Seasonally and Tales from the Prepper Pantry
This is where we share what we are eating as it comes to us – and talk about ways to use what we store.
- The first beets are upon us! Root bake recipe
- New Potato Salad
- Green onion, kale and beet green fry
- Squash is at the farmers market, but I just have squash blossoms.
- Day lillies are blooming and the flowers taste great on salads
- And of course we have 9 toms of cabbage.
Getting the Gardens Ready
Where we share what we are doing to get our food growing operation up and running.
- Germination is looking great, particularly under that peach tree. Its noticeably cooler under there and we have a set of carrots, radishes, spinach and other plants, alongside squashes.
- Planting another round of butternuts and green beans.
Link to the “CB” channel that we talk about on the show: https://zello.com/channels/k/dZ8O
Make it a great week!
Song: Calling My Name, Sauce