The last two weeks have brought big, sad, life-changing things to many in our network. Today, I will talk through some things you can do for your friends and family when there really is nothing you can do to help.
Schedule this week (Rogue Food)
Chicken Processing Workshop June 14
Holler Homestead Open House June 26, 10am-3pm
Tales from the Prepper Pantry
- First Freeze Dryer Lessons: Location, Hot Pump!, Rehydrating, Oil Filtration, Is It Worth the Money?
- Lettuce has been hanging on
- Found a last round of things to restock for the rest of the year (old habits die hard)
- Canning kitchen is almost all set up
Featured Forage: Hemlock
- $5/bag hiking strawberries
- Solar Water Heater Update
Main topic of the Show: What to Do When There Is Nothing You Can Do
#reach out (trite/stilted…dont read into a non response. Send a card or little gift)
#avoid discounting the pain or being that person who says turn that frown upside down. It is ok to be sad
#avoid sharing your similar sad story or anyone elses (two things, two friends…same day)
#Use your unique superpower to make their life a bit easier: (meal prep, childcare, offers of driving places, network, whatever it is)
#check in a few days later… ask do you want, not do you need.
#check in week/weeks/months later. They may not reach out to you.
Life brings hard situations and we can help our friends and family by listening. Asking questions, sharing photos and good stories…and using our superpowers. What we cant do is wave a magic wand, bring someone back to life, or fix a relationship.
Make it a great week!
Song: Grandpa’s Song by Sauce
GUYS! Don’t forget about the cookbook, Cook With What You Have by Nicole Sauce and Mama Sauce.
- Mewe Group: https://mewe.com/join/lftn
- Telegram Group: https://t.me/LFTNGroup
- Odysee: https://odysee.com/$/invite/@livingfree:b