Today, I thought I would talk about something all of us in Tennessee have been doing for a few weeks and that many of you will soon need to do: helping your plants through morning frosts that happen in the spring as the earth embraces spring, gets warm, then spikes down below the freezing point at night. I’ve got 5 things you can do without spending a ton of cash – and these are especially important if you are playing early spring plant roulette as I am.
#HollerHatWednesday: Where is she and who is she with?
BrettChef on Hard Boiled Eggs
Getting the Gardens Ready
- The year of taming the weeds by my house – transplanted day lillies, elderberry, comfrey, potatoes
- Added rose bush and rosa ragusa
- Need to fence out the chickens and do regular weed hoeing sessions, ground cover
- What I would be doing in sunshine plot: cutting weeds in the pathways, cleanup and mulching
Stump the Sauce
FROM Tom on pickled carrots
Main topic of the Show: 5 ways to save your plants from frost
- Prepare the ground: Mulch
- Water them well
- Heat their feet
- Cover them
- Heat under the cover
Bring plants inside…
Make it a great week!
Samantha the Savings Ninja
- Instagram: @nicolesauce1