Living on a homestead is like having a variety show in your life: Something unexpected happens almost every day. Just today, I walked out to the roasting camper and saw 2 goats in my yard. If you look at the show’s photo today, you will understand why I was baffled by this. They should have been shut in the barn. And sometimes we get so mad when things go off plan, but when has anything ever really stayed on plan? Today, I will walk through several topics that impact homesteaders and those of you who are starting or have started your own business. From honey bees to healthcare, today is like a fireside chat.
Spring Workshop Session: Chef Brett Corrieri – Charcuterie.
Tales from the Prepper Pantry
- A cow and 2 pigs fit in the freezer and the process dictated our menu this week: Pork chops, ribs, chicken dumpling soup, and I am making lard.
- Winter budget tightening means a focus on living off the pantry stores: Borscht – beets, broth and a blender and spices. Served with Sour Cream.
- Wish I could solve the dairy problem
Stump the Sauce
- Faith and Sarah: Broth, Bone Broth, Stock
- Roasted all the coffee. ALL OF IT. (And I love this)
Main topic of the show: Take Each Day as it is on the Homestead
Make it a great week!
Song: Cilly Song by Sauce
Samantha the Savings Ninja