Today we will talk about how we did with our family strategic plan this year, begin diving into a book I’ve been reading about home-scale permaculture, and talk a bit about where I hope to see this show go in the coming months.
Today is Monday, December 26, 2016 and this is episode 17 of Living Free in Tennessee. We are on a week off here at the Holler Homestead. For years, the week between Christmas and New Year’s has been our time to rest up, think about the past, plan for the future, clean out and reset ourselves.
What mother nature is providing
- Fingers crossed: Stinging Nettle
Tales from the Prepper Pantry
- The weekly squash – week 3: Butternut Squash Soup
- Apples are getting soft – so it is time to make applesauce – and begin to eat the canned fruits.
- Incoming cow means reorganizing the Pantry because of how the onions are stored.
Lessons learned from Toby Hemenway
- Are you interested in joining me in this journey? Well, get yourself a copy of his book and we will read a section per week and talk about what we learned. Check your library, friends houses, or buy it on Amazon (above).
- First up – P1-20
- Next week: P 21-35
What next year may bring
- A marketing cleanup – sis you know I am a marketing expert? How would you? This show is a mess!
- Monetizing strategy – we need one
- Focus on building the audience first
- Find ways to add value for listeners so that we can cover our own costs
- Build in the Holler Homestead project – more on that in the future
- Our first youtube video series: Learn to can food at home in 5, 6, 8 videos (Outline is not done so I am not sure how many)
- Seasonal eating in Tennessee book
Want to ask a question or give me feedback on the show? I would love to hear from you! Email email@example.com or leave a comment over at the website at nicolesauce.com. And if you are an iTunes listener…..
The week between Christmas and New Years is a great time to reassess if you are lucky enough to be able to make some time. Freedom ain’t hard – and our little adventure into producing more for ourselves from what we have here as been a freeing time – giving us a bit of flexibility, and the ability to help those around us. So go out there, and make it a great week!
Song: Dr. Feeley, Dr. Skinner by Sauce